A step-by-step guide to configure an emergency power system for a long-term grid failure.
We began this this project to prepare ourselves to survive without electricity for an extended period of time, maybe as long as a year. We share our research into battery-centric, electricity storage devices that most people refer to as “Solar Generators” using solar panels to collect electricity to store in batteries.
We will take you through:
- the electrical appliances were essential to us;
- what we will have to live without;
- the appliances we tested;
- the configurations of several name-brand batteries;
- what was both practical and affordable;
- what criteria for a portable back-up generator was most important;
- how our system will provide whole-house power
We offer Zero-Down Roof Top Solar Installs for homes in SolarCity® serviceable areas. To find out if your home is eligible, please click this link
Fill out your info and you will get a 10 Minute Discovery call from SolarCity® to find out how much you can save on your electricity bill, no obligation to buy!